Submit your Dissertation
Depending on your entry in the doctoral candidates list of the TUM School of Life Sciences the process of submitting your dissertation differs in some points.
You can find detailed information concerning the whole submitting process on the homepage of the TUM Graduate School:
for doctoral candidates entered into the doctoral candidacy list BEFORE January 1st, 2014
(older versions of the TUM Doctoral Regulations)
for doctoral candidates entered into the doctoral candidacy list AFTER January 1st, 2014
(new TUM Doctoral Regulation)
Short overview for the process from "Submitt your dissertation" to "get your doctoral certificate":
- Finish your dissertation.
- Fulfill the qualification programm of TUM GS and GZW.
- Fill in the application for graduation in DocGS and upload all necessary documents.
Find detailed information on the TUM Graduate School website.
- Hand in all documents at the Doctoral Office no later than 14 business days before the next School Council of the he TUM School of Life Sciences - afterwards your documents will be forwarded to the GZW.
- No later than 1 week before the next School Council of the he TUM School of Life Sciences you have to propose your examining committee to the GZW.
- Your examining committee will be appointed by the School Council of the he TUM School of Life Sciences.
- The documents will be forwarded to the chair person of your examining committee.
The chair person requests the reviews from the eaminers, organises the involvement of the school and invites for the oral examination.
- Oral examination
- The TUM Graduate School Certificate and Transcript can be printed after final inspection.
- Publish your dissertation
- Now you receive your doctoral certificate - now you are allowed to hold your doctoral title.
- Receive the TUM Graduate School certificate and transcript.
Duration of the process about 4 to 12 months.
Criteria for publication-based dissertation can be found in Annex 6 of the Regulations for the Award of Doctoral Degrees from 01.01.2014 as well as in the decicion of the School Council of the TUM School of Life Sciences from 17.10.2018 and 05.05.2021.
At the moment, the same criteria also apply to doctoral candidates who have switched to the new doctoral regulations.
You can find more information concerning the publication-based dissertation and other topics at our GZW Q&A Wiki. You can ask questions here as well.