Within your TUM-GS membership there are many oportunities to fund your International Projekt.
If you have questions concerning International Funding please contact Daniela Röder from the Graduate Center Weihenstephan.
TUM-GS Internationalization Support
Doctoral candidates who are employed at TUM as research/teaching associates and doctoral candidates who have received a scholarship, fellowship or grant (e.g. DAAD, Chinese Scholarship Council, Begabtenförderwerke, etc.) can apply for TUM-GS Internationalization Support at GZW.
Information are provided at Information Internationalization Support.
Only Internationalization abroad, NOT in Germany, can be funded.
Funding during parental leave is not possible.
Information and documents for application
- Application for internationalization support for members with a registration in the WZW doctoral candidacy list BEFORE 01.01.2014
- Members with doctoral candidacy list entry date AFTER 01.01.2014: Please use the application form in your DocGS account
- International Funding Table
- TUM-GS Application for Reimbursement of travel costs for SCHOLARSHIP HOLDERS
-> further information scroll down to Reimbursement travel costs
TUM-GS Internationalization Grant
Doctoral candidates who are not employed at TUM, nor have they received a traditional scholarship, fellowship or grant for their doctoral studies, can apply for the TUM-GS Internationalization Grant.
Doctoral candidates who are excellent in their disciplines can apply for this grant for up to 1600 € for the following:
- A stay for research purposes at a scientific, academic or research institution or within an industrial firm that conducts research in another country
- Presentation of the candidate’s own scientific, scholarly or research findings at international conferences, symposia etc. in another country
- Attending international subject-specific summer/winter schools, workshops, etc.
You can apply for the TUM-GS Internationalization Grant only for a planned journey. Please send your application to Daniela Röder at Graduiertenzentrum Weihenstephan.
Your application should include following information and documents:
- cover letter, which points out
- type and relevance of the journey for your doctoral project
- expected results (publication, talk, proposal, learn a method, get data and research results etc.)
- duration and costs of the journey
- letter of recommendation of your supervisor
- short CV with grade Master Degree
- list of publications
- application form
The GZW assign the TUM-GS Internationalization Grant every quarter.
This are the application deadlines:
1st quarter- March 15th
2nd quarter - June 15th
3rd quarter - September 15th
4th quarter - December 15th
Per quarter the GZW ranks the candidates and give the application to the TUM Graduate School. The final decision is made by the TUM-GS management board and the Graduate Dean.
Exceptions for reimbursement of costs for virtual events
Until further notice, fees for virtual internationalization activities can be reimbursed if the following requirements are met:
- The virtual event has a clear international character.
- Successful feedback session is available. Exceptions to this must be justified.
- Active participation in the virtual conference, the virtual symposium or similar.
-> As with face-to-face events, this active participation is usually done by own lectures, poster presentations, etc. Active participation must be proven when applying for reimbursement.
- Participation in virtual subject related summer schools / workshops or similar
-> An interactive format is required for these smaller specialist events. If such an interactive format is not evident from the course description, the member may have to prove or justify active participation.
In order to be able to support doctoral candidates in their virtual international efforts in the current Corona situation, the internationalization funding of the TUM-GS is temporarily adjusted. Should the global situation normalise again, the TUM-GS reserves the right to revoke the funding of virtual internationalization activities. Funding for virtual activities is not a precedent. There is no entitlement to funding.
Additionally scientists with a TUM contract can apply for Erasmus+, to promote mobility for teaching purposes within Europe or Erasmus+ international, which opens up funding opportunities for stays outside Europe.
To prove your participation please upload the appropriate confirmation in your DocGS account.
If you have no confirmation for an event, your supervisor can confirm your participation.
Therefore you use this document:
During your entire doctoral project you can find in your DocGS-Account the last stand of your preliminary TUM GS Transcript. Within it you can have a look at all your entries in DocGS and you can download it.
See “My Progress” --> “Basic Information” --> PDF “QP - vorläufiges Transcript”.
Please inform us of any mistakes early on and we will correct them.